We have been very successful in the past few months in acheiving planning approval for a range of developments.
change of use from B8 to D2
change of use from workshop to dwelling
temporary permission for an agricultural workers mobile home wihtin the Green Belt
large extensions to dwelling in National Park
We have also been successful on a range of Appeal decisions which strengthens our view that the LPA does not always make the right decision..
For impartial advice and competitive fee quotes please contact us through the contact form or call for an informal chat on your planning concerns!
A long awaited and much mooted change of use from agricultural to residential use comes into force in a few days time, up to 450 square metres of agricultural buildings on a farm will be capable of being changed to provide a maximum of three houses. However, it is confirmed this change of use will not apply in Article 1(5) land, which will have the effect of excluding such development not only in National Parks and Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty, but also in the Broads, conservation areas and World Heritage Sites.
If you have an agricultural building that you would like us to help you get residential permission please fillin our contact us form and we wills end you a no obligation quote for the service we can provide.
Changes of use from retail to residential use, changes to the GPDO will allow change of use from shops (A1) and financial and professional services (A2) to houses (C3). However, this change of use will not apply to land protected by Article 1(5) of the GPDO (National Parks, the Broads, areas of outstanding natural beauty, conservation areas or World Heritage Sites).
Contact us via our contact us form for a no obligation quote as to how we can help you make these changes with the best possible chance for success
Communities secretary Eric Pickles has approved outline plans for a business park on the outskirts of Burbage in Leicestershire, after ruling that it would meet the need for office space in the area and would not damage nearby town centres.
- Premises in B1(a) office use will be able to change to C3 residential use, subject to prior approval covering flooding, highways and transport issues and contamination.
- Premises in the B1, C1, C2, C2A, D1 and D2 use classes will be able to change use permanently to a state-funded school, subject to prior approval covering highways and transport impacts and noise.
- There will be increased limits for home and business extensions. For a period of three years, the respective size limits and percentage increases are to be doubled.
- Agricultural buildings under 500 square metres will be able to change to A1, A2, A3, B1, B8, C1 and D2 use. For buildings between 150 square metres and 500 square metres, prior approval covering flooding, highways and transport impacts, and noise will be required.
- Buildings with A1, A2, A3, A4, A5, B1, D1 and D2 uses will be permitted to change use for a period of up two years to A1, A2, A3 and B1 uses to help new and start-up businesses.
- There will be increased permitted development thresholds for business change of use. Thresholds will change from 235 square metres to 500 square metres for change of use from B1 or B2 to B8 and from B2 or B8 to B1.